Thursday, May 21, 2009

Tucson today

We left for Tucson this morning at about 8 am for an appointment at the heart doctor for Hubby. During his hip replacement, he had some episodes of Atrial Fibrillation (rapid heartbeat that can, in extreme & prolonged situations, create pools of blood clots), and has had some of those experiences since. The problem with that is that it can lead to stroke, so it definitely (Simply Heather, ha!) needs to get checked out.

It was a soupy, soggy, rainy day in Tucson, with low lying clouds and humidity in the 54% range. In other words...big hair day for me. Ha! I'd post a picture, but really, it is not a pretty sight! :)

When we had the Echo Cardiogram done today, we were blown away! It was beyond our thoughts about what could be seen through goo & wire!!! Not to mention the awesome woman that performed the test. She explained what we were looking at, what direction it was looking towards, and what she was measuring and looking for. I swear, what we saw on that screen was God's art. Truly.

When you think about art, it can be the most beautiful thing you've ever seen in your life, but unless it has exposure you would never know about it. That is how I felt seeing this today. God's art gets exposure. 3D echos of the heart, and to be honest, I thought about what beautiful fabric it would make!!!

As it turns out, Hubby's heart is in pretty darn good shape. His chambers were a little large, but not in the "5" measurement that would put him in danger of stroke, although at a "4", he was put on a mild prescription to keep everything on an even keel.

We LOVE his heart doctor!!! He is totally NOT into the whole "I am king" doctor syndrome, but a friendly, down to earth, kind of guy that puts you totally at ease.

And we were...totally at ease!

7 comments:

Cynthia L. H. said...

So glad to hear that overall, it was a positive experience!
Take care!
:^)
C

septembermom said...

So happy that all turned out well at the doctor's visit! Really cool how you viewed the echo cardiogram as God's art. I think that could inspire something beautiful. Glad that hubby has a great heart doctor too. That is so important.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Glad it turned out well.

Dan Felstead said...

Shabbygirl...great news...that means he will still be filming the clouds from the deck...GREAT!

Have a wonderful Memorial Day holiday and I will definatley (Simply Heather) see you next week.

I think Simply Heather has started something!


Dan

Unknown said...

Glad to hear hubby is doing well. I totally agree God does make the best art work :) Enjoy your Memorial Day.

GingerV said...

Thank you for stopping by Flowers and More - leave a comment next time. good luck on getting your boys to talk to one another. I am middle of 7 children - no one talks to the other. I have found that when raising my two that I did the best I could, I loved them, tried to deal with both personalities and needs and loved them with all my ability, and if as adults they do not feel I 'did them right' I have no apology to offer. It is time they struggle as I have struggled to understand ones self and make to blame.
have a great day in the land of sunshine and dryness. (I spent 13 years in Arizona as a child - peach springs/kingman/cottonwood/jerome.)

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

I' so glad that the honey's heart is so well........the he has inside it probably makes it beat so strong :)
Hope your Memorial Day weekend is filled with love, joy and laughter and........

Steady On
Reggie Girl

Flora & Fauna

Books I have known & loved

  • Life of Pi
  • A Hundred Years of Solitude
  • Kite Runner
  • The Way the Crow Flies
  • Fall on Your Knees
  • Poisonwood Bible
  • East of Eden
  • Shantaram
  • I Know This Much is True

Illegal Immigration