Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

My mother has been going through her cedar chest this last week or so, where she keeps all of her old photographs, trinkets, & memories. When I went over there the other day, she had a packet made up for me and for my brothers. She said it was time we all had our own stuff to take care of.

When I got home, I started going through the packet. My baby book was in there, although there's not much inside (I was the last of 5 and God knows she didn't have time, right?).

Then there's the elementary school pictures...what a crack up!





There were pictures of my kids, family friends, and a little chicken! Who's chicken is that!?! We didn't have a chicken!


It's cute though.


Okay, I had to blow up the letter that the alleged chicken is standing on and found out it is a baby quail. What do I know about chickens! Ha!

Interesting that there was also a Mother's Day card that I had made for her when I was in elementary school.




It's so old, I'm surprised it has any petals or leaves left!


I have no idea what direction we were given by the teacher about what to write, but I did manage to fill up the whole page! On the back, on the bottom, I even wrote "forget me not". I must have seen that somewhere.

But the sentiment of the card was quite true. See for yourself.

I always said she was pretty enough to be a movie star.

She has been a great Mom, and a great friend to me.


Mom & I are going shopping today, then back to my house for a lunch of Ham, Asparagus, & cheese crepes!

I hope all you Moms have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

Heather said...

I like this posting, very much...

and your little chicken -LOL-

Happy Mother's Day to you, my friend.

septembermom said...

Wonderful pictures and sentiments! Cute little chicken. Your mom does have that old Hollywood flair about her in that picture!

Enjoy your day with your Mom. Happy Mother's Day!!!

Anonymous said...

Very cute pictures and your mother certainly is pretty. I hope you're having a wonderful day.

Janice said...

Aww! Wish your Moms a happy day from me! And thank God you grew into your hair!
Happy Mother's Day to you too, my friend!

Flora & Fauna

Books I have known & loved

  • Life of Pi
  • A Hundred Years of Solitude
  • Kite Runner
  • The Way the Crow Flies
  • Fall on Your Knees
  • Poisonwood Bible
  • East of Eden
  • Shantaram
  • I Know This Much is True

Illegal Immigration