Friday, May 1, 2009

May 1st

As I flipped the pages of my daytimer to the new month this morning, this is what I saw.


I just realized that you probably can't read what it says...

We are unaware of what miracles may come.

It speaks to the promise of renewal, growth, possibilities, and warmth.

If I spend too much time in my head, I can wind myself down to a place where I am surrounded by mistakes, misjudgements, and woe. Will I ever feel real joy again? I know I do this. But I also know that I believe in miracles, and in moving forward.

This picture and phrase reminded me that I need to put myself in situations that create possibilities for joy. Those possibilities are everywhere, especially in nature. I think I'll go up into the canyon this weekend and spend some time gulping in some renewal.

6 comments:

a girl said...

That is very spring like.

septembermom said...

Great idea for rejuvenation. Hunt for joy and you can't lose. Enjoy your Friday!

Heather said...

Amen to that, sister. I squinted but could read it - that's pretty good, I suppose.

I have totally been in and out of these thoughts, up and down with emotions, still knowing in my heart that my joy remains and I see it twinkle brightly now and then to remind me that it is, indeed, still there. My cause must be in the loss of my mom - but as Spring has approached (like you retreating to nature), I find myself renewing gradually and it's SO GOOOOOD.

Enjoy your weekend, breath in deeply the refreshment of God's presence in your quiet walks with Him.

Love to you.

Dan Felstead said...

Shabbygirl...
That would sure do it for me...the thought of having access to an area like Arizona and just"go to the canyon" when I want sounds wonderful. If you go take your camera and put them up on the blog.

Have a great...Renewed..weekend.

Dan

amuse me said...

Yes, please take pictures. We have hiked Squaw Peak and many of the trails in the White Tank Mountains. Every time we do, I feel like my lungs expand tenfold. Enjoy your weekend.

Unknown said...

Hi Tricia,

Now that sounds like a good idea. Thank you for stopping by my blog. I just love your layout. Have a lovely weekend!

Flora & Fauna

Books I have known & loved

  • Life of Pi
  • A Hundred Years of Solitude
  • Kite Runner
  • The Way the Crow Flies
  • Fall on Your Knees
  • Poisonwood Bible
  • East of Eden
  • Shantaram
  • I Know This Much is True

Illegal Immigration