Thursday, May 28, 2009

Friday Shoot Out - Water

Ahhhh, water. The essence of me. A fish, my friends! A lake is not big enough, it takes an ocean! I'm an ocean fish.
This is Rio Del Mar beach in Aptos, CA. It's a wonderful beach on the Monterey Bay. It's where we lived, took the dogs to run, and filled up on peace & sea air.

I realize that this is supposed to be mostly all pictures, but here we are in the middle of the desert now...and I've spent all week looking for water for the Shoot Out! This is a dry time of year for us, although we have had some clouds go through that spit a few drops overhead along with a bit of thunder. Not monsoon yet; I can't wait to show you monsoon!

I can show you pictures from last year's monsoon though!

After a couple of days of good rain in the summer, the waterfall starts running on the mountain!

And runs down the mountain... Then there's what happens when a good downpour hits the yard!That's the courtyard, flooded!

Hail on a nice summer afternoon.

Every once in a while, we'll get a bit of precipitation in the winter, but not much.

That's about it for the desert! Have a wonderful weekend!

8 comments:

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

That shot of the falls is brilliant my dear!! I love them all but that one just jumps out right at me!! And your pup is a be-yoot!! I love how you put the frozen water in there......great idea :)
Hope your weekend is filled with love, joy and laughter and.......

Steady On
Reggie Girl

Anonymous said...

Great photos. The falls are gorgeous. You have a beautiful yard-- even flooded.

Anonymous said...

Great photos! I was laughing at that 'flooded' photo - you can see the raindrops adding to it!

You have a beautiful Golden too.

septembermom said...

Hail in summer, that's a sight! Love the falls shot. Of course, I love the cute pooch shot too!

Robyn said...

Great photos. The falls are gorgeous.
Thanks for visiting my blog, come back soon.

GingerV said...

no rules so if you want to post just one photo with a complete story or just a photo no words OR a doz photos with just a doz words is okay - you do with style and that counts.

Unknown said...

I love all your pictures!

J9 said...

From Aptos to Arizona? You poor dear ;-) I LOVE the Monterey Bay and all of it's beaches!

Flora & Fauna

Books I have known & loved

  • Life of Pi
  • A Hundred Years of Solitude
  • Kite Runner
  • The Way the Crow Flies
  • Fall on Your Knees
  • Poisonwood Bible
  • East of Eden
  • Shantaram
  • I Know This Much is True

Illegal Immigration