Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Salmon Pasta Salad

We have eaten Salmon Pasta for many years. You know, salmon, pasta, in a tomatoey pasta sauce. Love it. Sounds weird, but it is so good.



Well here is a cold salad that can be prepared ahead of time (and should be) and is filling, and so good on these warm spring evenings.





Salmon Pasta Salad
8 oz dry angelhair or vermicelli pasta (I used spaghettini), broken in thirds.
1 sm zucchini or yellow squash, chopped
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
1 (2 oz) can sliced black olives, drainged
1 (7 oz) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained & coarsely chopped
3 Tbs chopped basil or cilantro
2 Tbs chopped parsley
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp celery seeds
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 cup light mayonnaise
1 lb salmon fillets, cooked, flaked, and chilled
spring greens (optional)

1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well and rn under cold water to cool quickly. Shake off excess liquid and place in a large bowl.

2. Add zucchini, celery, onion, olives, artichoke hearts, cilantro, parsley, garlic salt, celery seeds, pepper, and mayonnaise. Toss gently. Fold in salmon. Serve on a bed of spring greens, if using. Serves 6 (or, the two of us for dinner and lunch the next day!)

I'll also mention that my favorite greens these days is Fresh Herb Salad greens from Safeway (grocery store), and comes in one of those plastic containers in the packaged salad section of the produce dept. It has dill in it, that just adds a whole new dimension to salad!


Yes, it's true. That is a paper plate!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds great. I may even get my lazy self together enough to try it. Thanks.

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

I am shamelessly stealing this one for my catering business shabby girl :)
Looks to die for (okay, maybe not "die" but you know what I mean, lol).

Steady On
Reggie Girl

Anonymous said...

I'm drooling. Literally - I look like Moonbeam, a faucet turned on full force.

This must be how the dogs feel...

Oh, I am going to try this out asap - like tomorrow maybe!

mmmm...

shabby girl said...

Tricia-I think it'll be worth the effort...and you'll have leftovers!

Reggie girl-Hubby poached the salmon, so it was moist and delicious. If you can't find the Fresh Herb Salad, try throwing in some fresh dill. It really is a flavor explosion!

Jen-I know just what you mean! Willy is a faucet on feet!!!

Flora & Fauna

Books I have known & loved

  • Life of Pi
  • A Hundred Years of Solitude
  • Kite Runner
  • The Way the Crow Flies
  • Fall on Your Knees
  • Poisonwood Bible
  • East of Eden
  • Shantaram
  • I Know This Much is True

Illegal Immigration