Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Queen for Many Days, Evidently















My friend Kelly, over at My Voice, My View, gave me an Awesome Award the other day...Thanks, Kelly! You are Awesome too!

According to this award's rules, I'm supposed to list seven awesome things about myself.

Well, I went to her site to capture the award, and when I tried to put it on my blog, it kept reproducing itself!!! Everytime I hit the enter key it would add another 10 or so awards!!! Oh my gosh! I just laughed so hard. I couldn't get rid of them! I was loaded with them!

So I guess what I would write as my awesomeness would NOT be technical GENIOUS!!! Ha ha ha, snort, ha ha! But that does bring me to . . .

1. Sense of humor would be on my list. I do love to laugh, whether it's appropriate or not. I love to laugh at myself & find reasons to quite often. Other times I just shake my head. :) When I get nervous, I laugh. I find that most people are funny, even when they're not trying.

2. I'm a good listener. Complete strangers have shared some of the strangest, and most personal stuff with me on first meeting. I guess because I don't bug my eyes at them and run off.

3. I will assume you have the best of intentions until you prove me otherwise. After that, there will always be a question mark by your name, and a squinty, sideways glance at you.

4. I love to encourage people. If you want to become the world's best anything, I will convince you that you can do it, and give you reasons why you can and should. And I am thrilled when you actually do!

5. I'm an idea person. Love to come up with great ideas, but quite often don't like the follow up part of it. I'll think of it, you do it. Ha!

6. I'm frugal (Hubby says cheap), and love a great bargain. I'll come home from shopping with a new item of clothing that I only paid $7 for. I'll tear it out of the bag and say, "Look, look what I got! Guess how much! Go ahead. Guess!" "Knowing you, about $3." Somehow $7 doesn't sound so great anymore. But everytime I wear it, I'll secretly think I am so very clever for getting it so che...I mean frugally. :)

Hmm, there must be something else.

7. I am a Pollyanna when it comes to how I would like to see the world. Life can be tough sometimes, and my moods may dip farther down than I would like, but I try to live by this quote; The way you choose to see the world, creates the world you actually see. Don't know who wrote it, or where it came from, but it makes perfect sense to me.

Even though I am technically deficient, I would still like to pass this Awesome Award on. However, you may have to go to Kelly's blog, here, and get the actual award! Ha! I know people are busy, and possibly don't have time or energy for another game. No pressure here. I think it's a great way to get to know more about our blogging buddies. :) Just know I think you're AWESOME!

Heather at Simply Heather

Janice at And Another Thing

Pam at Sidewalk Shoes

Scriptor Senex at Words, Words, Words. I know this is a picture of a queen. I am not making a statement. Just take the crown, you are awesome. :)

Dan at Wood and Pixels Narratives. Ditto on my comment above.

Tricia at The Girl Who Wears my Shoes

Proud Mom at The Life and Times of Lisa

13 comments:

Janice said...

Aww, thanks! You ARE awesome many times over! You are AWESOME! With capital letters!I wish I could take you out for an awesome lunch at the awesome Barn. Then some awesome antiquing. I miss you my friend!

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

I loved this!!!!
And by the way......I too have inappropriate laughter...often.
I really don't care either, lol.
You're darlin :)

Steady On
Reggie Girl

amuse me said...

Awards are great because it does get us checking out other blogs. Awesome, by the way!

Anonymous said...

You sweet, sweet girl. Your list about yourself is indeed awesome. I love your quote. I'm going to borrow it and put it somewhere so I can see it throughout the day.

Thank you for this award although I'm quite certain there is nothing awesome about me.

a girl said...

Congrats on your award!!! :)

shabby girl said...

Janice-you are a Queen Mary among sailboats!

Reggie Girl-I LOVE inappropriate laughter!!! Not that we have any control over it, right?!

Marion-welcome back from your fabulous vacation!!! You, too, are AWESOME!

Tricia-don't make me come over there! You probably don't realize how long it took me to come up with my list!!! I think you are AWESOME! What do you like about yourself? I'll make your list if I need to! Ha!

cagrowngirl-you are my sister from CA! I LOVE your blog!!! You are AWESOME!!!

Scriptor Senex said...

Thanks Shabby Girl - and thanks also for your regular comments on the blog - it's great to know it is read and appreciated. I wonder if I can add a beard?

shabby girl said...

Scriptor - Oh my gosh! All of us menopausal women would soo appreciate it! Ha!
I may be sorry tomorrow morning that I wrote that!!!
You are wonderful!

Graham Edwards said...

I see your comments on Scriptor's blogs (and anyone who says nice things about my Bruv has to be good) and on a few others (I only visit half a dozen or so outside the family) but this is my first visit to yours. And what did I see? You are a Polyanna. I've just been blogging about my view of life: always play the Glad Game. I'll be back.

Unknown said...

Congrats on your award! I love your list, I think we share a lot of the same qualities. The other day I got a shirt for $3 marked down from $15!!! My boyfriend was not excited as I was though. Have a wonderful day!

Heather said...

I like your "ha ha ha - snort..." line :o)

And boy, am I slow. Sorry it took me a day or so to get here.

And {gawrsh - you know like Googy says it} thank you, sweet friend. I will agree - you're a pretty awesome Lady and I real blessing to have in my path.

I'll have to play along with this one.

LOVE your answers.

pam said...

Oh, thank you! I think you are awesome too!

septembermom said...

Congrats again! Love your blog. You are the queen of AWESOME for sure! After reading your list, it's nice to see that we are alike in many ways. I love your perspective on life. Looking forward to visiting the other award winners' blogs!

Flora & Fauna

Books I have known & loved

  • Life of Pi
  • A Hundred Years of Solitude
  • Kite Runner
  • The Way the Crow Flies
  • Fall on Your Knees
  • Poisonwood Bible
  • East of Eden
  • Shantaram
  • I Know This Much is True

Illegal Immigration