Wednesday, March 17, 2010

We Are Hobbling!

Okay, it may not look like we did much, but we filled the whole back end of the Tundra with yard debris!
Before:

After:

I cannot believe how much we took off of the cypress-ey bush! The red tips, too, were out of control! The oval in the middle of the yard,



Has been cleaned up! So has the plant in front of the window in the garage! I didn't pull these plants out because in another couple months, they will be beautiful. I know. What counts is now, but we can't get the new plants right now. They are not available.

We bought 2 purple lantana today and planted them in the circle. Believe me, in another month, this will look great! We went to three different places to find ground cover, or anything that would spice this yard up. We just don't get deliveries here until spring has officially sprung (ask the mesquite trees). So for now, at least it looks cared for and when the mesquites give their approval, this will be a wonderland!
Thank you so much for your input and advice! You're the best!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is a noticable difference, isnt it crazy what a difference a clear out can make...job well done my friend;)

Suburban Girl said...

Wow, give the impression of a tidy little place now! Hope it pays off for you.

amuse me said...

Looks great - good luck! :)

GB said...

Well I'm amazed. Not being a great subscriber to manicured gardens (Don't get me wrong, I enjoy gardening) I didn'treally see a problem with the original bushes. But I have to admit that the new look is very much better.

a girl said...

You've been busy!!! Looks good....

Cynthia L. H. said...

Very nice! My yard needs you.
;^) ;^-

The6ofusinca said...

wow! What a lot of hard work! My back would have killed me for days!!! lol!!!!

Blessings to you

Jen

Flora & Fauna

Books I have known & loved

  • Life of Pi
  • A Hundred Years of Solitude
  • Kite Runner
  • The Way the Crow Flies
  • Fall on Your Knees
  • Poisonwood Bible
  • East of Eden
  • Shantaram
  • I Know This Much is True

Illegal Immigration