Monday, April 20, 2009

MEME

Go ahead, do it!

What is your current obsession?
Absolutely, blogging. Writing my own, and reading those I follow. It’s necessary right now.

Good fika place? (That would be coffee to us non-Swedes)
Oh wait, I am a Swede! And then some.
Gayles Bakery in Capitola, CA. There is plethora of breads, baked goods, cakes, salads, and deli items. The tables are made of broken plate mosaic, and the curtains are vintage table cloths. To go there early on a weekend morning, take a number, and shuffle on to the patio to eat an orange/olallieberry muffin, drink a strong roasted cup of coffee, and feel the ocean breeze on my face is heaven!

Do you nap a lot?
We usually try 4 or 5 times a week, but I usually end up reading. The joys of working at home!

Who was the last person you hugged?
Hubby. I think it’s important to have that physical contact. A quick connect. It’s a reminder that I still choose him.

What’s for dinner?
Salmon crepes from Cuisine at Home. They are so delicious! If you’re interested, I’ll post the recipe!

What are you listening to right now?
The occasional whir of my computer, a sweet bird song from outside, a swish of dog foot on the carpet as she runs in her sleep, but mostly quiet.

What is your favorite weather?
On an ongoing basis, sunny, 85*, slight (and I mean slight here people) breeze. But I also LOVE a good thunderstorm! I enjoy watching the rain pound, and jumping from the crack of close thunder!

What’s on your bedside table?
Lucky for me I cleaned it off recently, before I had to answer this! Ha ha ha... Usually it’s a bottle of water, 2 or 3 books, glasses, lamp, alarm clock, another more decorative clock (I told you I was clock crazy!), and a branch of silk ivy tucked into a little vase that one of my kids made me when they were little.

Say something to the person/s who tagged you.
I wasn't tagged, I saw this on Scriptor’s blog, Rambles from my Chair.

If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you want it to be?
I wouldn't necessarily choose this area, but when we moved here, we had a house totally paid for, fully furnished, but what do you suppose we did? Yes. That’s right. Mmmm hmmm. We sold it and bought another house with a mortgage. Brain surgeons we are not!

Favorite vacation spot?
So far? That would be on Kauai, Hawaii. Perfect weather (when we were there), not much in the way of city life, and glorious beaches. Water is all important.

Name the things you can’t live without. .
My family. Dogs (also my family), smiles, books, trees, and a computer.

What were the happiest two years of your life?
When my kids were younger, without the problems that adolescence brings, and a new love with Hubby.

What would you like to get rid of?
Clutter! It makes me crazy. That being said, I have a hard time getting rid of stuff too. You know, I may need it some time.

If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
I’m thinkin’ to Gayles Bakery. Now that its in my head, I’d love some of the Christie’s Coleslaw with the cashews!!!

What did you want to become as a child?
Stewardess, veterinarian, mother, smart, pretty.

What do you miss?
All three of my kids! Terribly. I miss being able to see them, hug them, and just hang out with them.

What are you reading right now?
Merle’s Door, story of a freethinking dog. I’m really enjoying it right now, but I’m also a little afraid that something bad is going to happen. You know, like in all the Disney movies!

What do you fear the most?
Something happening to one of my kids. I can’t think of anything worse. Truly.

What designer piece of clothing would you most like to own (new or vintage)?
I saw a pair of jeans that had some flowery fabric on the back pocket with one corner of it covered in crochet. Evidently, the designer that makes them comes out with a new pocket every year, so I’d never be able to find that exact one. Besides that…I could never bring myself to spend $75 on a pair of jeans. I should try to make my own fancy pocket! Hmph!

What did you last watch on television?
A documentary movie, Amargosa. It was about Marta Becket, a dancer in New York, who ends up in Death Valley dancing in an abandoned theater to an audience she has painted on the walls. Fascinating.

What do you hope for?
I hope for each of my children to find fulfilling lives.

If you’d like to do the meme, here’s how it works.
1. Answer the questions on your blog, replace one question you dislike with a question of your own invention; add a question of your own.
2. You may tag others or leave it open to anyone who feels like giving it a go. (I love that phrase...give it a go!)

No comments:

Flora & Fauna

Books I have known & loved

  • Life of Pi
  • A Hundred Years of Solitude
  • Kite Runner
  • The Way the Crow Flies
  • Fall on Your Knees
  • Poisonwood Bible
  • East of Eden
  • Shantaram
  • I Know This Much is True

Illegal Immigration