Monday, April 13, 2009

I Love Lemonade!

Look what Kelly (Septembermom) over at My Voice, My View gave me!



A Lemonade Award!

Thank you so much!

Most of the bloggers I follow already know all about her! We all laugh at the antics of her kids and how she deals with them. Other days she'll share how a song or a poem makes her feel. It's always entertaining, and I appreciate her.

How will I ever manage to just pick SEVEN??? I follow so many blogs because they're all amazing, and talented, and show great attitude & gratitude! I'll try.

So, here are the rules for the Award...

1. Put the logo on your blog or post.

2. Nominate 7 blogs that show great Gratitude and/or Attitude.

3. Be sure to list and link your nominees within your post.

4. Let them know they have received this award by leaving a comment on their blog.

The first person I would like to give this award to is this wonderful woman, at Simply Heather. Talk about someone that shows gratitude every single day. She must know that by her own testimony, she helps so many others. She's an inspiration, and her blog is always a joy to read.

Next, I would like to award Proud Mom at The Life and Times of Lisa. She posts a gratitude journal every day! I just feel more peaceful after I read her blog, and I think to myself, Oh yeah, that makes me happy too!

Then there is the Oh so talented, Kim at Endless Possibilities. She has so much on her plate that she won't even have time to play this game, I'm sure! Dealing with 4, yes folks, four kids and some medical issues surrounding a couple of them. I swear, I don't know how she does it, but she does, and she does it with the greatest attitude! Check out her paintings!

Then, of course, there's Julie, at I Live Here: SF. What I love about her blog is that she will go around taking photographs all over San Francisco; the good, the bad, and the ugly. When you read back through her posts, you'll see that, no matter the circumstances of the people she takes photos of, she has absolute respect for them. That, my friends, is a great attitude!

I have to include Scriptor Senex, over at Rambles from my Chair. So many of us know his as a talented photographer, writer, and a prolific blogger! From all of his comments on other blogs, as well as my own, I believe he is a kind, gentle, and supportive friend. That is a great attitude!

Chelle, at The Value of Cheerfulness, is absolutely in love with her family! We have never communicated, although I have commented on her blog. I think I found her blog on Blogs of Note over a year ago. Not only is her little Annabelle adorable, but I was drawn to her gratitude at being a part of that little family. It's like she is in a state of wonderment at her luck of finding herself in her life.

And last, but definitely not least, is my dear friend Janice, at And Another Thing... She is one of the funniest people I know. Truly. And this funny stuff will come spilling out of her mouth and her face is totally blank. It just makes it that much funnier! She is a soft hearted woman who is everyone's friend. If you are lucky enough to be her friend, you are blessed. Her incredible attitude is one of You can do it! support.

I feel so fortunate to have found these people on these blogs. There are certainly more. Next time!

6 comments:

Proud Mom said...

I am honored and humbled by this, Shabby. Thank you!

When chatting with my mom yesterday, I told her about my gratitude journal and how hard it is to recognize the good we have in our everyday lives.

But this project has really opened my eyes to all the privileges and good graces I truly have.

Happy Monday!

Chelle said...

Oh, I am blushing...bless your heart Shabby Girl for that sweet little bit of recognitioin...and please know how encouraged I have always been by your thoughtful comments.

septembermom said...

Congratulations on your award! It is well deserved. Congrats to all your nominees too! I can't wait to check out these wonderful blogs:)

a girl said...

Congratulations!!!

Scriptor Senex said...

Congratulations to you and thank you for your kind comments!

Heather said...

ooooooh...a refreshing glass of lemonade :o)

happy you and happy me

{thank you}

Flora & Fauna

Books I have known & loved

  • Life of Pi
  • A Hundred Years of Solitude
  • Kite Runner
  • The Way the Crow Flies
  • Fall on Your Knees
  • Poisonwood Bible
  • East of Eden
  • Shantaram
  • I Know This Much is True

Illegal Immigration