Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Twitterpated? Already?

The last few mornings while taking the dogs out to potty, standing in the early morning light, I have noticed the birds singing. I mean really singing!

Since winter has set in they are way too cold, and way too busy to sit around peepin' the bull. Know what I mean?

But hearing them belt out their melodious crooning, makes me wonder if they are starting to think about L-O-V-E. Maybe they're eyein' that cute little red breast, or last year's mate that suddenly is looking very sexy!



Do you think I'm sexy, come on honey, let me know!

And maybe they are thinkin' about starting to build their...loveshack!








Baby, loveshack!






Ok, I'm obsessed. With birds, with bird houses. I can't help it.









I'm hopeless.








The coolest birdhouse though is the one we found at an arts and crafts fair in St. David a few years ago. We have had numerous tenents and several hatchings of babies every summer. It's totally made of twigsmoss, and driftwood. Because the nest sits back inside, it's hard for the bigger birds, like the cactus wren and roadrunners to get them.
Whether they're serious or not right now, I sure do love to hear them sing. Fills me somehow.

2 comments:

pam said...

I love birdhouses too. There is something so sweet and charming about a birdhouse.

Joanna Goddard said...

this is SUCH a sweet post!

Flora & Fauna

Books I have known & loved

  • Life of Pi
  • A Hundred Years of Solitude
  • Kite Runner
  • The Way the Crow Flies
  • Fall on Your Knees
  • Poisonwood Bible
  • East of Eden
  • Shantaram
  • I Know This Much is True

Illegal Immigration