Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Photo Bug

Last summer, Hubby got the photo bug. He had it bad! I enjoyed going out for drives with him and could appreciate the scenery when he would pull over on the highway because he saw a cool shot.

But once I got the camera in my hands, I caught the bug. Big time. It's like seeing snapshots around me instead of scenery. It's exhilerating when you see something that you know will shoot well!

This morning was one of those times. I went outside to leave a cut-up orange that was past its prime for the thrashers, and on my way back in the house, spotted this...

It's like a water chandelier. I know this is going on all over the U.S. right now, ice that is, but not here. I ran into the house to get the camera for fear it would start to melt. I shouldn't have worried. It's 10 a.m. and it's still frozen outside.

I can't wait to get better at this photography thing. Practice makes ... a whole lot of pictures that you can't use! LOL!

2 comments:

Scriptor Senex said...

It's worth taking a whole lot - even if you don't use them - to get the occasional ones like your super chandeliers.

Jeannette StG said...

Beautiful - glad you caught it!!
Also saw your clover plant - I like my plants indoors - that's the first clover I saw -thanks for sharing!
cheers, jeannette

Flora & Fauna

Books I have known & loved

  • Life of Pi
  • A Hundred Years of Solitude
  • Kite Runner
  • The Way the Crow Flies
  • Fall on Your Knees
  • Poisonwood Bible
  • East of Eden
  • Shantaram
  • I Know This Much is True

Illegal Immigration