Saturday, January 10, 2009

Generation "Y"

- The Silent generation, people born before 1946.
- The Baby Boomers, people born between 1946 and 1959.
- Generation X, people born between 1960 and 1979.
- Generation Y, people born between 1980 and 1995

Why do we call the last one generation Y? I did not know, but a cartoonist explains it eloquently below...

Okay, the cartoon does not show up. However, the picture is the backside of a kid with his jeans hanging below the "Y" of his backside. Yeah, that explains it!

I must admit, my oldest son has always been one of "those people" that wear their jeans about a bizillion sizes too big, to where the top of the jean is hanging below the bulb of the bum. You know what I mean, right? I think Anchor Blue calls them "way big boy pants" or some such tag. I can't remember the actual name. :)

When he was younger, and I could see his whole boxered butt hunched about the refrigerator, I'd walk by and yank those jeans down, thinking that he would be so embarrassed that he would pull them up around me. But no. No pun intended.

Today, thankfully, he still wears jeans that are too big for him, but at least now they hang low on his hips, covering his tush!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate the way people do that! You should not be able to see everybody's underwear!

Flora & Fauna

Books I have known & loved

  • Life of Pi
  • A Hundred Years of Solitude
  • Kite Runner
  • The Way the Crow Flies
  • Fall on Your Knees
  • Poisonwood Bible
  • East of Eden
  • Shantaram
  • I Know This Much is True

Illegal Immigration