Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thursday

Oh my Lord, we're tired and SORE! You know there are certain chores that get put off for months, sometimes even years. Cleaning baseboards is one of them for me. 99.9% done with that! About half way through them, it dawned on me that the reason they were so nasty is the fact that we have a pest company spray every month (bugs, beetles, scorpions)! He goes around the house and sprays those baseboards, leaving them covered with the spray. From now on they will only spray outside. Humph! I moved out the refrigerator, cleaned. I moved the washer & dryer, cleaned.

We had a flock of realtors go through today, and were happy with their response. We knew the place looked GOOD!!! Of course, we couldn't straighten up, bend over, or squat AT ALL today, but......

I knew after I moved my Mom that I had wrecked out my hip. Dang! Being a skinny woman, I am prone to osteoporosis. And I have it. In my hips, and severely in my back. I am so not happy about that!

Anyhoo, I am realizing that I am not the "get it done" woman that I once was. I still get it done, but not without some very real consequences. I'm trying to come to grips with that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you got a good handle on it, congrats on the realitors responce.....

peace

septembermom said...

Don't try to be super woman!!! Take care of yourself. I'm amazed at all you do. Feel good :)

Unknown said...

Oh dear I know exactly what you are saying BTDT (been there done that) over and over and over again and I never learn!

Flora & Fauna

Books I have known & loved

  • Life of Pi
  • A Hundred Years of Solitude
  • Kite Runner
  • The Way the Crow Flies
  • Fall on Your Knees
  • Poisonwood Bible
  • East of Eden
  • Shantaram
  • I Know This Much is True

Illegal Immigration