Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Robert Earl Keen

We're headed to Tucson today to go see one of our favorite singer/songwriters, Robert Earl Keen!

When I think about him, it takes me back to when Hubby & I were so easily, and excitedly, in love, sitting in the sun in our low-rider lawn chairs, listening to a day full of music with wine & food in hand.

I wanted to share these lyrics with you because it absolutely speaks to what I'm talking about. I wish you were all going with us!



Robert Earl Keen - Feelin’ Good Again lyrics

Standin' down on Main Street across from Mr. Blues
My faded leather jacket, my weathered broke-in shoes
A chill north wind was blowin', but the spring was comin' on
As I wondered to myself just how long I had been gone

So I strolled across ol' Main Street, walked down a flight of stairs
Stepped into the hall and saw all my friends were there
A neon sign was flashing "welcome come on in
"It feels so good, feelin' good again

My favorite band was playin' an Otis Redding song
And when they sang the chorus everybody sang along
Dan and Margarita were swayin' side by side
I heard they were divorcing, but I guess they let it slide

I wished I had some money with which to buy a round
I wished I cashed my paycheck before I came to town
But I reached into my pocket and found three twenties and a ten
It feels so good, feelin' good again

There was old man Perkins sittin' on his stool
Watchin' Butch and Jimmy John talkin' loud and playin' pool
The boys from Silver City were standin' by the fire
Singin' like they thought they were the Tabernacle choir

And I wanted you to see them all, I wished that you were there
I looked across the room and saw you standing on the stair
And when I caught your eye, I saw you break into a grin
It feels so good, feelin' good again

I wanted you to see them all I wished that you were there
I looked across the room and saw you standing on the stair
And when I caught your eye I saw you break into a grin
It feels so good, feelin' good againIt feels so good, feelin' good again

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds fun....have a great tiume;)

septembermom said...

Those are great lyrics! Thanks for sharing. I'll have to look him up on YouTube. Have a fun time :)

Dan Felstead said...

Shabbygirl...have a great time. I have never heard of him but he defintely (Heather) sounds like my kind of music...I am off to look him up.

Dan

Dan Felstead said...

OK...he has a new follower! \Tthank you so much...my favorite songwriter is Dylan and his lyrics sound Dlylanesque(word??). I am downloading his music tomorrow. This sounds like Dylan lyrics as well...His songs seem to be talking about the generation I grew up in but I am sure everyone can identify. This is a good one as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RArZGbD9k-M

Dan

Dan Felstead said...

By the way...I am so OCD...his "Rose Hotel" cd jacket looks like it is probably an HDR photo!

I know...I am obsessing.

Bye.

prashant said...

have a great time. I have never heard of him but he defintely (Heather) sounds like my kind of music...I am off to look him up.
Make website india

Chef E said...

I am crazy about him! I am also from Texas originally...so jealous!

Dan Felstead said...

Shabbygirl...I just realized that I am not linking to you from my blog. I kind of set up initial links when I got started and forgot to update them as I found blogs I follow. I know that linking helps the Google ranking so I will be linking to your blog to day on my site. Sorry that I have not done this before.

Have a great weekend.

Dan

Flora & Fauna

Books I have known & loved

  • Life of Pi
  • A Hundred Years of Solitude
  • Kite Runner
  • The Way the Crow Flies
  • Fall on Your Knees
  • Poisonwood Bible
  • East of Eden
  • Shantaram
  • I Know This Much is True

Illegal Immigration