Saturday, September 5, 2009

Home Sweet Home

It's hard to believe we did what we did in such a short period of time, but we did. The Momster is all moved in, unpacked, and all that's left to do here is the cleaning and putting the house on the market.

She seems genuinely happy to be in her new place, a sunny little apartment where she won't have to worry about much of anything except meeting new friends, and eating like a queen.
There's still gobs to get caught up on around my house, since I barely gave it a thought whilst the moving process was happening. The carpet seems to have grown its own coat of dog hair, the dust is thick enough to write myself a note to clean it, and where did I leave off with work???

Anyhoo, I thought I'd post some pictures I took from the road on the way home from Phoenix. If you've never been, Phoenix has absolutely gorgeous freeway landscaping.

Right in town, the freeways are immaculate, and the ubiquitous bougainvillea seems to always be in bloom.


After living in our small town, the enormous volume of cars, and the incredible speed with which they fly along the freeway, dashing in and out of lane changes, was enough to make me very nervous!

Leaving Phoenix, you see all sizes of saguaro's. Did you know that it takes 50 years for a saguaro to produce an arm?


I also enjoyed the designs on the bridges on the way home.




Did you see a bit of clouds forming in the last picture? Well...

Yep, drove right into an incredible downpour!
Ten minutes later, all was well with the world. :)

6 comments:

amuse me said...

Good to see your post, especially the pictures of Phoenix. With family there, we have remarked about the beautiful plants and architecture and I found myself missing it (or family) as I looked at your pictures. We may be there for the New Year's holiday so that is something to look forward to. Also, glad to hear the move went well . . . I'm sure it wasn't always easy. :) M

Anonymous said...

These are amazing photos - and from a moving car? How did you do it? They are so crisp and clear!

That first one of the cat, that belongs in CatFancy.

And, boy oh boy, my carpet grows its own coat of dog fur too! Hmmm...so does my wood floor. With the proper marketing, perhaps I could sell it and make a million.
LOL!

Glad all is well with you and yours. :)

Heather said...

I never realized how beautiful it can be in the desert :) - the big tree cactus's {as I would call 'em} are so neat!! And the bridges...love the art!!

Glad everything went well, that you're back and hope each day will allow you some comfort as you get back into the gear of things.

Beautiful green eyed kitty up there too :)

Graham Edwards said...

I'm glad everything went well with the move. I hope your Mom's very happy there.

I so love seeing photos like that which show me places I haven't experienced and where people I (sort of) know live. I really enjoyed that posting.

pam said...

I never knew Phoenix was so beautiful!

GingerV said...

at least there are freeways there now, I lived in Tempe in 1973-74 and when the spring thaws came you couldn't get across to Scottsdale because the old foggies there refused to pay for a bridge. now all the roads and overpasses are beautiful except for 17 at 10 exchange I've almost been killed there several times... now I go up 101 (your photos yes?) and avoid that mess.

Flora & Fauna

Books I have known & loved

  • Life of Pi
  • A Hundred Years of Solitude
  • Kite Runner
  • The Way the Crow Flies
  • Fall on Your Knees
  • Poisonwood Bible
  • East of Eden
  • Shantaram
  • I Know This Much is True

Illegal Immigration