Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Oh Dear!

I do hope this wasn't "My Bunny" that got run over!!! Oh, the missed shots that I saw out my window this morning! There were probably 4 or 5 Turkey Vultures flying circles around this road kill, and would sweep towards my window whenever a car came by. I just wasn't fast enough to catch it!

If you've been reading for a while, you know how much I love the wildlife. I continue to try to remember the circle of life that is so very evident here in the desert. Remember, the Vultures don't kill their food, they are scavengers. They clean up what has been left behind. Withing an hour, most of these remains were gone.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

the circle of life....amazing.

Heather said...

That is a great shot...look at the red in his head and I do think he has his eyes on you.

amuse me said...

It is good to be reminded how the animals and birds fit into the food chain! Great picture -- such a strange looking bird.

septembermom said...

Awesome shot!

Dan Felstead said...

You did it again! Let's vote Shabbygirl the most unique animal catcher in the blogishpere!

Dan

Flora & Fauna

Books I have known & loved

  • Life of Pi
  • A Hundred Years of Solitude
  • Kite Runner
  • The Way the Crow Flies
  • Fall on Your Knees
  • Poisonwood Bible
  • East of Eden
  • Shantaram
  • I Know This Much is True

Illegal Immigration