Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Not Even Close to Wordless Wednesday

I am not superwoman. I'm not. Anyone that knows me, knows that. I thought I was okay with that, and truth be told, I am. It's just hard to have people expect things that are beyond what I can do at the time.

My kids are grown, and I still want to help them along their way, any way I can. I will always be here for them. God I love them! They are "of" me. They are my heart. My mother is ageing, not always able to do everything for herself. I will help her as much as I can. I love her & would love to see her be happy. My husband depends on me. He is my husband, God knows I love him, our future is together, and I want to keep working toward that future.

Here is what I would like to declare:

I have limits. As much as I would like to be the perfect daughter, I cannot.

I cannot do it all.

I can't seem to do even most of it.

I'm doing what I can.

I cannot be anyone's EVERYTHING at the expense of everything else.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe not superwoman - but a wise, loving woman you are. And that is super.

:)

Cynthia L. H. said...

"I have limits."
Yes. You do.
We all do.
It's okay.

pam said...

((((Hugs)))

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it just spills over doesn't it? Maybe part of the problem is you expect too much of yourself??

I think Pam said it best: (((Hugs)))

I hope today will be a better day for you.

septembermom said...

All my hugs to you. You're doing the best you can. Your heart is always in the right place:)Also, congrats on your latest PP&P win. I knew you would win for that great piece!!

Heather said...

May clarity of mind find you,
May peace enter your soul,
May rest relieve stress,
and
May you be filled with contentment as you follow the path of your heart.

You know you can't go wrong in that path, because that is where The Spirit resides :)

shabby girl said...

Jen-what a nice thing to say!

Cynthia-How come other people don't realize it about someone else?

Pam-thanks!

Tricia-it does indeed. One day at a time, right?

Kelly-thank you. I hope you feel better soon!

Heather-I appreciate your reminders!

Janice said...

Don't compare yourself to the picture of the "perfect" daughter that you carry in your head! You are the most amazing woman I know. Most of us carry YOUR picture as what to strive for! Be gentle with yourself. Cut yourself some slack. You've never been in this place before, there is no right or wrong way to be this daughter/mother/wife/FRIEND. There's just your way, and we wouldn't change you for the world. You are the best LISA imaginable.
And if someone thinks they can do better, they're welcome to try! Hmph!

shabby girl said...

Janice...you brought tears to my eyes. You think so much better of me than I am. Can I just curl up at your feet with Pepper???

Anonymous said...

*Hugs*

Flora & Fauna

Books I have known & loved

  • Life of Pi
  • A Hundred Years of Solitude
  • Kite Runner
  • The Way the Crow Flies
  • Fall on Your Knees
  • Poisonwood Bible
  • East of Eden
  • Shantaram
  • I Know This Much is True

Illegal Immigration