Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Before....and After

B E F O R E...

and A F T E R...

This is my latest crazy little idea. Why be stuck with just one color on your hat? I have a couple of different hats, but because of their color I can't (or won't) wear them with everything. My answer, just change the hat band! I'm thinking about making a gob of different colors and styles, and maybe selling them at campsites when we're on the road for a little extra change. Not the hats, just the hatbands. What do you think?

I'm in the middle of my Aldara treatment for precancer on my face. Yeah, I'm a real joy to look at right now. Hehehe. But it sure beats anyone cutting in to my face! Way too many sunburns growing up are taking their toll now. Sunscreen people! Or hats!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the bands are brilliant.....and sunscreen is a must ;)

Janice said...

I like it. Adjustable for different hats? Velcro?

Graham Edwards said...

Different hatbands is a great idea - although I think I'll give it a miss for my hats!

One thing NZ shares with Lewis is very high UV rates. In NZ children are allowed in the playground with no shoes (very usual particularly in more rural areas where few of us wear shoes indoors or in the garden - unless gardening of course) but absolutely not allowed out withou hats and sunscreen.

I hope all goes well with he treatment.

DawnTreader said...

Great idea with the hat bands. And don't forget to wear a hat yourself! I hope the treatment is successful.

Cynthia L. H. said...

Fun!
;^)
I think it's a great idea!
;^)
I'm overdue for seeing my skin doctor...not looking forward to it, but I realllllllllly need to go...
I bought a big, floppy hat for the summer...and I've been wearing sunscreen, but I've done so much driving the last two years, I really needed to have had my car windows tinted...I can tell the difference in my skin.

Have fun with the crafting!
;^)

Flora & Fauna

Books I have known & loved

  • Life of Pi
  • A Hundred Years of Solitude
  • Kite Runner
  • The Way the Crow Flies
  • Fall on Your Knees
  • Poisonwood Bible
  • East of Eden
  • Shantaram
  • I Know This Much is True

Illegal Immigration