Monday, July 13, 2009

Pol** D*ts

For as long as I can remember, and anyone who knows me can attest, I cannot be around pol** d**s. I'm talking, physically sick reaction to them. No run of the mill, ah, no, don't care much for them, not so much for me, reaction.

I've never understood it, have no reason in my conscious memory to feel that way. But it is deep. And lifelong.

Well, lately, I've been kind of, gulp, liking the blue backround with brown p**ka **ts, or the pink with black d**s. I don't seem to have quite the response that I have known my whole life. EXCEPT, for the multicolored, oh this is hard, red, blue, yellow, gag, wonder bread packaging colored of p**** do*s. That is what I have narrowed it down to. Where it comes from I still don't know. I've spoken to my mother about it and she can't remember anything either.

So imagine my surprise, when after searching for a purse for a very long time, I fell in love with this:



I LOVE THIS! I KNOW! After a lifetime of irrational, psychotic, hatred of the measly, freaking p**k* *ot, I am loving my new purse! Ha ha ha ha ha!

12 comments:

Diane said...

Maybe there was an early childhood polka dot trauma that occured that you are blocking out.....?

Janice said...

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?!?!?
You have blown my mind.

septembermom said...

Super cute! I can see why you fell in love with that bag. Are polka dots now going to sneak into your wardrobe? Or is that too much... :)

Anonymous said...

ooooh! I love your new purse!

Anonymous said...

Very cute purse. I can see how you got pulled in. Of course I like pol** d*ts. ;)

Sarah Lulu said...

I love your evolvement.....
acutally embracing your fear and becoming ...a different self.

Graham Edwards said...

It is a funny old world!

Heather said...

Hahahahahaha!! I like the style...not the p*lk* d*ts :)

This is so funny...you've cracked me up this morning {thank you}!

Unknown said...

LOL you had me confused at first I was thinking what the heck is pol**d*ts. Know I understand, I love that purse its wicked cute.

Dan Felstead said...

Shabbygirl...

Maybe it's kind a like hating broccoli as a kid but you finally grow out of it!

Dan

pam said...

I love anything and everything with pol** d*ts!

Cynthia L. H. said...

OH MY!!!!
All I can think of is that song:
"...itsy bitsy... teeny weeny... yellow.... p+l!k@ d*t bikini!!!!"
:^) ;^) ;^)
I KNOW I WON'T be havin' one of THOSE!!!!
;^)
;^=

Flora & Fauna

Books I have known & loved

  • Life of Pi
  • A Hundred Years of Solitude
  • Kite Runner
  • The Way the Crow Flies
  • Fall on Your Knees
  • Poisonwood Bible
  • East of Eden
  • Shantaram
  • I Know This Much is True

Illegal Immigration