Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

You know, sometimes we get so wrapped up in our worries and busy-ness that we, at least I do, forget to stop and be thankful and grateful for every single day.

Ron's grandaughter drove in to town last night from Phoenix where she is working and going to school. As I was sitting there listening to her excitedly tell us all about what she's been learning and the fruition of that education in the form of dreams for her future, I was amazed at how much she's matured, but it also made me think of how so many of us get so bogged down that we lose the vision and excitement of our future.

Thank you, Jess, for reminding me what that feels like.

No comments:

Flora & Fauna

Books I have known & loved

  • Life of Pi
  • A Hundred Years of Solitude
  • Kite Runner
  • The Way the Crow Flies
  • Fall on Your Knees
  • Poisonwood Bible
  • East of Eden
  • Shantaram
  • I Know This Much is True

Illegal Immigration