Thursday, April 15, 2010

Chin Up, Move On

My wisteria is happy this year. It has exploded with blooms that just smell Divine! We're wondering, now, why we planted it so far from the back deck. True, it gets better sun where it is, and we wanted it to grow along the wall. We do still get a whiff of its wonderful fragrance when the breeze comes from that direction, but it is usually blowing the other way. The neighbors are very happy.

We're thinking that the escrow on the little house is going to fall out today. There is some fading of the roof tiles, and even with three written inspections stating that there is no compromise to the tiles themselves, the buyer wants a new roof. I'm not going to pay for a new roof when there is nothing wrong with the old one. I'm frustrated by this, but I can't let it get me down. If it's going to fall out, so be it. Move on. I don't want to waste any more time with it off the market. He has a week to decide if he wants it or not...

5 comments:

GingerV said...

good heavens, faded tiles look better...
in Brasil people paint the tiles I prefer to old antique looking ones... like in europe.
in the front yard of our house in Houston there was a wisteria - I dug it out over 5 years and it just kept coming back - like a weed. it was stringy and barely any blossom - and sent roots out for 25ft each direction.

septembermom said...

Sorry that things aren't happening for you with the escrow right now. You have a great attitude. I'm sure it will all work out soon. Beautiful wisteria :)

Sarah Lulu said...

I love wisteria so much ..we have lots here but of course it's Autumn now!

Your house will sell the moment it's meant to.

Cynthia L. H. said...

Thinking of you...hope it works out soon...
LOVE the wisteria...I am looking at mine through the window behind the computer even now...the leaves are beginning to come out. I brought some in and put in a bouquet last night with the lilacs. The fragrance is heavenly!
;^)

GB said...

I used to say 'whatever is is best' but now I'm not so sure. Faded tiles!?!? You mean there are some other sort in places where there is a high UV factor?

The wisteria would certainly lift me up though.

Flora & Fauna

Books I have known & loved

  • Life of Pi
  • A Hundred Years of Solitude
  • Kite Runner
  • The Way the Crow Flies
  • Fall on Your Knees
  • Poisonwood Bible
  • East of Eden
  • Shantaram
  • I Know This Much is True

Illegal Immigration