Thursday, February 5, 2009

I Think I Like Him...



I received an email from my daughter's new boyfriend yesterday.

How sweet is that?

I've never met or talked to him, and only know the bits and pieces that she shares with me. From her, he sounds like a very thoughtful, responsible, fun, easy-going person. I think I will like him.

It made me think of that feeling of new love, the excitement, the butterflies in your stomach, anything you do is so much fun because it's shared with that other person.
My father-in-law told hubby & me, before he passed away, that if we think marraige is 50/50 it will never work. It needs to be 90/10. Each of you need to be willing to give 90% and only expect 10% back. But it has to be that way for both of you! Remember? That's how it is with new love. You just want to anyway.
When I'm feeling particularly selfish and grumpy, I tend to think of what he said, and try to adjust my attitude. Fifteen years later...it's working!

It's almost Valentine's Day and I'm thinkin' this will be a very nice one for my girl!

1 comment:

tangobaby said...

That's wonderful... he sounds very thoughtful!

I will try to remember that 90/10 rule. It makes a lot of sense.

Flora & Fauna

Books I have known & loved

  • Life of Pi
  • A Hundred Years of Solitude
  • Kite Runner
  • The Way the Crow Flies
  • Fall on Your Knees
  • Poisonwood Bible
  • East of Eden
  • Shantaram
  • I Know This Much is True

Illegal Immigration