Monday, October 26, 2009

Great Weekend

Sooo happy to spend some time with this girl!! I love her! How I wish she lived down the street from me. We could meet for coffee. She could come for dinner every Sunday. I would try to stay out of her business! Ha! Just kidding...no, I would stay out of her business! Really. I promise!

We had a very nice weekend together with my mother. A whole lot of back and forth shopping in Walmart. Next time I will write out the shopping list. In catagories! Personal care, stationary, home decor, office supplies, pet care, dairy (it's a super Walmart), bread goods, produce. But no. Back and forth several times. Yikes!

Really, it was wonderful spending time together. Then we drove on to our campsite!!! Two hours can be like night & day!


I LOVE going out in the building on wheels!! I do! This is what I was doing this morning. How sweet is that? I put out the hummingbird feeder, and within 20 minutes, had a very happy hummer, who has had the food to himself all day long! Expecting wind and rain tomorrow, but that's okay.

Yep, we're all set up for work, as well.

I don't mind working from here at all!!! We recently found a nice computer table on clearance that worked out perfectly for us! And, we have been working today. Really.

Speaking of today, it is a birth day. My mother's birthday. My brother's birthday. And my son's birthday! Yes, three generations! All on the same day! Isn't that amazing? I know that my brother was born early, as was my son. Just to be born on that day! I'm waiting for the next generation to see who is next in line to be born on that day.

We are starting to decompress, out here in the wilderness. I can't wait to catch up on all of the blogs that I follow!!!

5 comments:

NanU said...

Sounds like the beginning of a fabulous trip.
Enjoy!

Dan Felstead said...

I am eating my heart out! What a great setup. Don't work to hard out there in nature!!! I guess I am being a bit envious and sarcastic. Looks like the perfect way to enjoy both work and leisure.

Dan

Dan Felstead said...

By the way...great photo of you two as well!

Dan

TheLandofLynds said...

My family is full of October birthdays too! Eat lots of cake: )

Heather said...

I read this shortly after you posted it but didn't have a change to comment.

So glad that you're breathing in the goodness of the great outdoors, freedom to spread your wings a little...well, maybe not in there but...

I really like that little desk..and the space you've created in there.

The window shot with your cup and laptop and flowers....it looks so inviting to me :)

Flora & Fauna

Books I have known & loved

  • Life of Pi
  • A Hundred Years of Solitude
  • Kite Runner
  • The Way the Crow Flies
  • Fall on Your Knees
  • Poisonwood Bible
  • East of Eden
  • Shantaram
  • I Know This Much is True

Illegal Immigration