Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thursday's Thoughts

When I get old, I want to be a happy old lady! I want to see the best in everyone. I want a smile to come quickly to my wrinkley face. I'd like to not be bothered by what someone else thinks of me. Whatever not so great things have happened in the past, I want to be able to let them go. I want to forgive, and be forgiven. I would like to give others the benefit of the doubt. I want to wave to my neighbors, let those in a hurry go first, and be thankful every single day for life itself.

11 comments:

iasa said...

That's a lovely thought, I wish I was more like that now.

Sarah Lulu said...

Oh dear I think I've arrived at old hahaha...

septembermom said...

That's a great wish. We can apply these wise words to all phases of our lives.

Rosaria Williams said...

Yes, mam! You can do it! Start practicing now.

Cynthia L. H. said...

Me, too!
;^)

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful.

DawnTreader said...

To be able to hold that attitude in one's old age, one had probably better start NOW. I don't think one can expect it to come automatically with age...

Heather said...

You won't believe this, but I just wrote something so similar in my journal on Wednesday night :) - thoughtful of our lives ahead.

Dawn said...

What a sweet post. I especially like the line about those in a hurry.
Dawn

Graham Edwards said...

I can tick quite a few of those boxes. There are definite advantages of age!

Unknown said...

I hope your wishes come true!

Flora & Fauna

Books I have known & loved

  • Life of Pi
  • A Hundred Years of Solitude
  • Kite Runner
  • The Way the Crow Flies
  • Fall on Your Knees
  • Poisonwood Bible
  • East of Eden
  • Shantaram
  • I Know This Much is True

Illegal Immigration