Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Hot! Hot! Hot!

Recently, we made another trip to Phoenix to see my mother.



I won't go in to what led up to the trip, but a miscommunication brought out some pretty ugly stuff.



I've shared before that my mother has always known how to express herself in a most angry way.



After driving up there for four hours, I discovered that she had left me a venemous message on my cell phone.



It was funny though, when I listened to that message, I could only feel sad for her because she was so confused.



We talked it through, she apologized, and we laughed about how wicked she was.

Yeah, it was hot in Phoenix! That last temp was registering the temperature in the Walmart parking lot!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

124.....OMG! I felt like I was melting here in mich with my 85degrees....

Im glad you and your momma worked it out....hugs friend

Heather said...

Well, I'm glad that it ended in laughter. I like how you've shared this with the temp's raising in each photo, except that you were in that heat and I'm here in Vermont with this nasty humidity looking at your temps and getting even sweatier :)

septembermom said...

I'm glad that you managed to work it all out. 124 degrees??? That's crazy hot!

Dan Felstead said...

Shabbygirl...at this age, they often speak before they think...I have had some of those messages myself!

Also 124! That must have been like sitting in hell!

Dan

Graham Edwards said...

I love the heat. But that's 51 dec C. (I'm not bilingual in temperatures and had to do the conversion). That's half way to the boiling point of water. Phosphorous melted 7 degrees ago. I'm surprised that you didn't too.

Cynthia L. H. said...

That is FAR too hot...and I've been wrestling with the 100 degree days here...
Yes, you must have felt as if you were on the edges of h--e--double--toothpicks....
;^)

Flora & Fauna

Books I have known & loved

  • Life of Pi
  • A Hundred Years of Solitude
  • Kite Runner
  • The Way the Crow Flies
  • Fall on Your Knees
  • Poisonwood Bible
  • East of Eden
  • Shantaram
  • I Know This Much is True

Illegal Immigration